Nov 19, 2009

Lots of stuff going on


OK lets see if I can update all to what has been going on.
I'll start with most recent and work backwards.
Yesterday, started off bright and early (7:30) I headed out of Gulfport, headed to New Orleans to pick up 2 travelers.
Picked up the hounds and we were on our way to P'cola.
Let me tell you, these hounds were just so sweet and well behaved. I couldn't have asked for better travelers.
The red girl is named TFI Patty Melt A tripod brood from a farm closing in TX.
The white and black boy is Irish Linen Also from the same farm in TX. But now looking at the info on Greyhound Data I wonder if it was wrongly inputted or if this really is Irish Linen. I swear the boy I traveled with was white and black???? hmm

Anyway, both hounds are headed to GreyHaven in FL.


On Sat (Nov 14th) once again, my good friends, Mike and Judy took to the roads to help us transport 2 hounds.
Fast Fluffy aka Bunny and her brother Paw Paw Earl.
Both hounds are now with Shamrock of Louisville, KY.
Big THANKS to Jennifer for taking these hounds in and of course THANKS go out to Mike and Judy. My road warriors :D

On Thurs (Nov 12th) me and Kevin took a trip to Southland for a meeting that was called by the track and kennel owners. While Kevin attended the meeting I stayed down in the kennel loving on the hounds and getting photos. Also meeting some of our new hounds in.
It may be a long ride for us to head to Southland but I always enjoy the time with the hounds.
Tomorrow I'll post a few of the photos I took while there. We have some very nice looking new hound in our kennel.

On a different note, one of our long time hounds in our kennel has finally retired.
My Artful Dodger aka Doggie Dodger received a slight muscle tear to his right shoulder. Now if he was a younger hound he would be rehabbed and brought back to racing. But Doggie Dodger owes no one a dang thing. This boy has been an amazing hound for us and he now enters his much earned retirement. At the age of 4yrs and 7 months, he will be greatly missed in our kennel.
Dodger already has a home ready and waiting on him. We are just letting him rehab a bit in the kennel then we will work on moving him to his forever home. Sorry can't spill the beans on who that might be but let me tell you. Dodger is going to one of the best retirement homes I could ask for.

Never a dull moment in Team Greyhound. And you all just figured I sat behind my puter and ate bon bons LOL :P

No comments:

Post a Comment