Dec 11, 2009

Home for the Holidays



On Wed I took off for a trip to Southland. We had 2 hounds that were ready for adoption and an adoption group ready to take them so it was road trip time for me.
I headed to the kennel first to visit and say hello then it was off to my friends Mike, Judy and their son Kevin's house.
Of course a warm welcome by all and their hounds as well. I have to say each and every hound at Judy's house is just as sweet as can be.
We went out for some dinner and good conversation then it was back to their home and time to rest.

On Thur morning it was back to the kennel to take a few photos and then load up my crew and on the road.
PH Broken Spoke and PTL Bart. Both who were wonderful travelers.
I already got word from Judy M that Spoke has made herself quite at home and was already laying in Linda's lap LOL Yup our hounds do enjoy the retired life ;)

Another road trip will be happening on Dec 21st for another long term kennel hound.
My Artful Dodger aka Doggie Dodger will be making trip with me up to the great white North.
But more on that once the trip is done.

Now I know the holiday time is quickly coming upon each and everyone of us. Your racking your brain on what special gift you should give to this one or that one. May I make a suggestion?
One of the most special gifts you can give is to open your heart and home to a greyhound.
Oh you say your house is full? Then how about a donation to one of the many deserving greyhound adoption groups out there.
With out these adoption groups we would never be able to do what we do. So think about it. They always can use the extra donations ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment