Nov 3, 2009

What do retired racers do???





These photos I received were just too good not to share.
Above the dog in these photos is DD Da Dog aka Dash.
Now retired (of course) and living out his retired life with Lou.
I totally busted out laughing at the first photo. Jockey and all for Halloween. Can it get any cuter?
Next is what happens when you take your retired hound back to the race track for a reunion. I mean really, look at those photos and tell me this boy doesn't want back out on that track??
There is no question that Dash knew where he was, knew what was going on and wanted a piece of that actions.
What is great about these photos, they were taken at Southland, the track where Dash ran and also retired from.

Yes you can take the greyhound off the race track but you can never take the racing out of that hound. Think what you may but the photos speak for themselves. Do these dogs love the job they had? NO QUESTION! Do they love retirement, well of course they do.
I wish for each and every person who has adopted a greyhound to have this chance. The chance to take their hound back to a race track and just see that gleam in their eyes, that wild eyed look, the tongue hanging down to their toes, the pull on the leash, the pure excitement that causes every nerve in their body to twitch and totally come alive.
It's something so amazing to experience.
Thanks to Lou for sharing these photos.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these pictures of my wonderful boy. He loves his retirement as well as he loved to race. The SL reunion proved that when he heard the sound of the horn and then the
    HERE COMES RUSTY!! He was so excited. I am so greytful I have him in my life. Thanks Heather!

    ReplyDelete